turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dwg1958

Massachusetts state return delays?

Is there any delays for Massachusetts tax returns being accepted or rejected?
My return through Turbo Tax has been in pending mode over five days.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
LeeM

Some states start processing e-filed returns at the same time as the IRS, while others don't start processing until sometime later.

It's not unusual for state returns to remain in pending status several days after the federal return has already been accepted. This is especially common when e-filing first opens in January or early February.

Sit tight and your state return will – eventually – move along in the queue.

View solution in original post

13 Replies
LeeM

Some states start processing e-filed returns at the same time as the IRS, while others don't start processing until sometime later.

It's not unusual for state returns to remain in pending status several days after the federal return has already been accepted. This is especially common when e-filing first opens in January or early February.

Sit tight and your state return will – eventually – move along in the queue.

My MA state is still pending on turbo tax. I already have a ddd for my federal return. I believe it's a turbo tax issue at this point. Too bad it's so difficult to receive an answer.
wfdlt112

I agree, I'm in same boat,same issue
dwg1958

Mine finally got accepted yesterday. Let’s see how long it takes to get refund!

Mine is now accepted. In same boat waiting game.
KACiSM0M

I have a mass state refund date of tomorrow 2/9. I also have EIC for federal so I dont bother checking that one for a few more weeks. Just be patient, its clearly different for everyone. Good luck!

@KACiSM0M When did your state refund get accepted? Mine was accepted 1/26. Still no DDD. I already received my federal return. When I check it just says 4to6 weeks. Thanks
kedori

Same here. Over a month since I filed Mass and federal. Got federal refund, but not Mass.I have gotten Mass first for as long as I can remember. Something is up!

Same thing is going on with me. Filed my return on 1/29 and got my federal about two weeks later. When I go to the irs website to check the status of my refund it says it has no record of it but TurboTax says it was accepted.

@aleksiskanelos When you put the amount in on the IRS website, are you just putting in the amount from your state refund? Or are you putting in the amount of your federal and state refund added up together? I had this issue then learnt that you just put in the amount of your state refund and see if that helps.  Hope this makes sense!

I now have a DDD of the 12th! Hopefully it has updated for everyone! When I called they said they were backed up because of the new tax laws. Hope this helps.

I filed on 6/27 and got federal acceptance a few hours later and still waiting for Mass to accept.  

How long did you have to wait for it?  I have been waiting for it over 2 days.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies