Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My IL return keeps hanging up wanting me to fix a problem I cannot fix. It is wanting a Property number for an adjoining lot. I do not own an adjoining lot. Help?

How do I fix this error when I do not own an adjoining lot and do not have a property number for an adjoining lot I do not own.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
TomD8
Level 15

My IL return keeps hanging up wanting me to fix a problem I cannot fix. It is wanting a Property number for an adjoining lot. I do not own an adjoining lot. Help?

Go to the Property Tax Credit section of your Illinois return.  Click on Edit.  On the page headed "Property Information", make sure you left the two "adjoining lot" questions blank.  On the page headed "Property Taxes", make sure both boxes are blank.

**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.

I followed TomD8 instructions exactly and it is still getting hung up in the review section. Please advise 

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

You are commenting on an older thread. When you get hung up, does it give you any error? Also, are you using Turbo Tax Online or Turbo Tax Desktop? @danielmiller10

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you for helping

I am using a desktop. Here are screenshots of the issue. 

These are blank

Capture.PNG

I am getting this error when I go through the review. 

Capture2.PNG

Thanks,
Dan

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

If you have the desktop version of TurboTax, please try the steps in this article to update your software.    

How do I update my TurboTax CD/Download software program?   

This article will show you how to perform a manual update.   

Manually Update TurboTax for Windows Software (Basic, Deluxe, Premier, Home & Business)   

If you find you are still having issues with it, please don't hesitate to contact support. They will be able to lead you through additional steps solve this. 

What is the TurboTax phone number? - Intuit     

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies