Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Michigan state refund / not

Filed an amended 2020 Michigan tax return effective 28MAR2021 and learned that effective 19OCT2021, state of Michigan declined to make refund w/o comment.  Any suggestions on what might be the next action? 

It appears that Turbotax and Michigan Treasury are using different criteria.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Contact the state for an explanation.   The state does not provide any information to TurboTax, so no one at TT knows why the state is not paying anything for your amended return.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/state-taxes/help/how-do-i-contact-my-state-department-of-revenue/0...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
rn86tlc

according to turbotax i did not owe any state tax. howver i received a bill from michigan that i owed $149.00

(which i paid). you said no  state tax owed. how come i owed $149.00.

Again.....No one in the user forum has access to your return or your account.   We cannot see it.   We have no way to know what the discrepancy is.  We do not know if you had more state income than you reported on your state return or if some other error occurred.    You have to ask the state why they changed your tax due amount.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Thank you!  Reached a real, live person at Michigan Department of Treasury to learn that a "response" was being sent via USPS with detailed information.  My initial actions were based on simple/incomplete info as shown on-line.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies