Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Maryland Form 510 PDF printed incorrectly on line 2 and 3a

On the TurboTax software, Maryland form 510 shows correctly for line 2 and line 3a. But when I print it out in pdf, it showed line 2's number on line 3a. How should I fix it?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
BillM223
Expert Alumni

There is probably nothing to fix. If you e-filed, the state of Maryland does not receive your PDF, instead they receive an XML copy through e-filing (that's data with tags). The XML is unlikely to have the same issue.

However, when you print your own copy of the PDF, I encourage you to make a note on your paper copy so that you will know what was right.

By the way, are you using the Online TurboTax or the CD/download? And if the latter, are you using it on Windows or Mac?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

We are using software on Windows.

OldCPA
Returning Member

I have the same problem and you DON'T know what the state is getting via efiling.

When you view the MD 510 on the screen, it shows the correct in-state MD income on line 2, where it should be if you only have MD income.

BUT, when you view the return in the print center, or actually print a hard copy of the return out, the line 2 MD income is NOW printing on line 3a, NON-MARYLAND income! And line 2 is now blank.

I would not advise efiling until this is fixed. You won't know what the state is actually getting.

And the deadline is only 10 days away (March 15).

This is just wrong.

chetanparakh
Returning Member

Where did you find the MD 510 form. My company sent me this form i am not sure where to enter it in turbo tax.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies