turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Qualified business income deduction - are the QBI worksheets functional that support ln 9 of 2018 1040? TT did not link SE income to QBI ded summary and qbi worksheet

I used code Z on line 20 and put the amount from line 1 there. that did the trick

Qualified business income deduction - are the QBI worksheets functional that support ln 9 of 2018 1040? TT did not link SE income to QBI ded summary and qbi worksheet

As of April 2, my QBI deduction calculation IS working! BTW, I had a partnership K-1 with qualified income. I didn't have to do anything. It flowed through from the K-1 to the qualified income worksheet to my 1040. Finally!

MANY areas of the program are NOT functional including that one ... 

These first releases of the program are usually very buggy ( you are the beta testers even if you don't know it) and will require MANY updates before it becomes fully functional which usually will not happen until late January or sometime in February depending on the forms you need.  So patience will be needed as the IRS has not even announced when the 2019 filing season will start

This  past tax year, not only did the IRS have to rewrite a ton of tax code due to the late changes made in Dec of 2017  but the fools in Congress required they also toss out all the old 1040 forms  for the new "1040 Simplified" version ( which is anything but simplified since it adds 6 new schedules) and  all these changes have the IRS way behind the normal timeline so expect things to not only run late but they will be VERY BUGGY so the smart money is on the patient person who waits to file until most of the errors have been corrected.  Last time this happened many of the early filers had their returns lost or delayed for months so don't be in a hurry to jump off that cliff.

pjn
Level 3

Make sure you create QBI component worksheet in TT. GO into forms and select for, review the QBI Simple and QBI deduction summary for accuracy. In my "what if scenario" the deduction was calculated correctly on F1040. I tried with a below the 315k example for a CPA firm which is a SSTB business.  
pjn
Level 3

Correction: Select Forms and select "QBI income component worksheet", then review the QBI Simple form and QBI deduction summary.......

Is the Schedule K QBI functional?

Probably not ... but did you already get a K-1 for 2018 ?  If so do you have anything in box 20 ?  

Yes, I do my own taxes for my S Corporation.  I have the data available on the Section 199A Activity Worksheet to enter on the 1040 Schedule K QBI Worksheet, but it is not populating or combining to the Schedule E QBI data.

None of the K-1 forms are working yet ... scheduled for 1/25 but always subject to change ... <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_fed_windows_individual.htm...>

Thanks for this date.  I greatly appreciate it.
stunt

As of this writing (1/29/2019), I'm still not able to complete my return that includes a Schedule F.  I'm stuck at "Link to QBI Wksht must be entered."   This is line "K" on Schedule F, which reads "QBI worksheet to report, double click to link".  I'm presented with a blank field and double clicking it does nothing, nor does entering a value of 0 or 1 or "N/A", etc.
stunt

Oh, and according to the above link, Schedule F is now available.
dmertz
Level 15

Entered as necessary in step-by-step mode, TurboTax will indeed create the link and calculate QBI for Schedule F.  I'm not particularly familiar with entering farm income, but I was able to get TurboTax create the QBI deduction for farm income entirely using step-by-step mode.  Be sure to go back through all of the farming business sections.
stunt

I got on a call with support, and even though I didn't have any Schedule F income in 2018, I had to upgrade to the self-employed version.  Once I did that and ran through the Schedule F stuff, the error went away and I was able to complete my return!

I’m also having the same problem with link to QBI worksheet section K. I’m not able to do anything.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies