turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

LScott1

Kansas Homestead Claim

I just used the free edition to file Federal, Kansas and Homestead Claim.  Will the Homestead claim be sent in or do I have to print it out and mail it myself.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

Kansas Homestead Claim

If the program allows you to e-file and did not show any related messages, you do not need to worry about it.  It should have already been sent to the IRS and state.  You do not need to print out tax forms and submit them by mail.  If your state return does not go through, the program will tell you.  

To confirm your status, click here: https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/ 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
LScott1

Kansas Homestead Claim

You did not answer the question about the Homestead Claim--a property tax refund.   I know I don't have to mail in the Fed and State Tax Return.  My question was about the Homestead Claim which printed out at the end of the Fed and State returns.  Should I mail that Homestead Claim, one page, portion of the entire print out to the address listed on the form to get my refund of property taxes.  Thanks, in advance, for trying to get an answer to this question.

KatrinaB48
Expert Alumni

Kansas Homestead Claim

No, you do not need to mail the Kansas homestead credit form that printed along with your return. Once you have electronically filed your return the form has been sent. A copy of the form has been printed for your records.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies