Solved: Joint filing, my husband is in military, FL residents living in MD. I received 1099misc for $9K. Since MD gross income is $9K, no need to pay income tax to MD?

Joint filing, my husband is in military, FL residents living in MD. I received 1099misc for $9K. Since MD gross income is $9K, no need to pay income tax to MD?

1099misc shows only nonemployee compensation/state income, $9K. Federal income tax withheld is blank. Does it mean I need to pay any income tax to MD although Military Spouses Residency Relief Act applies? If so, which form do I use? I spoke with some operators of MD comptroller office. One of them said I need to use 502B.  Other said 505.

If both of you have the same home of record then you fall under the MSRRA which means that both you and you husbands pay is taxed through your home of record. Only military pay is taxed that way though and if you are working then your pay gets taxed that way as well. If your husband also works a non-military job then you will have to file taxes in that state as well. Florida however doesn't have state income taxes so if you are only filing you and your husbands military pay then you don't have to file state taxes.