Iowa Minimum Tax requires a spouse allocation even...

Iowa Minimum Tax requires a spouse allocation even though it say total Iowa minimum tax is zero.

Can you just put in $0 as the allocation?

@CatinaT1 Follow-on question...

I have the same situation.  Specifically, for Iowa Minimum Tax, TT states, "Based on your entries so far, you have total minimum tax of zero."  Then it shows an entry line for Taxes (Less any Iowa Income Tax), a total of $3,134 and a field to enter the allocation to my spouse.

I don't understand the "conflict" between stating the the Iowa minimum tax is zero and then asking for a Taxes allocation for some specified amount.  Where did the $3,134 come from?  What am I missing?

After doing a little more clicking, I may have answered my question.  On the Iowa Minimum Tax screen that was causing me confusion, I switched to Forms view and saw the $3,134 was in Form IA 6251.  That amount comes from IA Schedule A and (in my case) is the sum of School District and EMS Surtax, Real estate taxes, and Personal Property Taxes (auto registrations).  Since they are all shared with my spouse, I simply allocated 50% (after returning to the Step-by-Step view).  That apparently creates a second IA 6251 for my spouse with adjusted allocations of those Schedule A taxes on both my and my spouses IA 6251.  I moved on to the following Step-by-Step screens.  Those screens reflect special items that could contribute to the Minimum Tax calculation.  In my case, they were all shown as $0, and I also allocated $0 to my spouse.   TT uses those inputs to complete the two IA 6251s.  Bottom line result in my case is that both IA 6251s show $0 Alternative Minimum Tax.  I think if a bit more explanation or rewording describing what was being shown and asked for on the initial screen causing the confusion would have been very helpful.