Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Installing free state return results in continual looping!

Trying to install free TN State return and it continually loops! It seems from the boards this has been a problem for the last several years. Is there a solution for 2021 state returns?

It goes through the steps and saves the return, acts like it installs, but when I click on Start Return it starts all over again!  

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

I live in TN, too.  Great news!  The Hall Income Tax previously collected in TN has been fully repealed!  So you shouldn't need a TN income tax program.

Hall Income Tax (tn.gov)

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***

Thank you so much - I knew it was phasing out, just didn't realize last year was the last year.  Guess I was also confused since it was an option on TurboTax.  

Again, thanks for much for your response!

PappaJx3

Having the same problem - very frustrating since they had a problem with it this year also.  I got 2 other states to work but never occurred to me the issue is really we don't have to file TN income taxes any more.

TurboTAX Support, if that is the case this needs a fix and should be removed as an installable state.  ALSO, it should be counted as the free state with my Premier license so I some how need to get a funded for the other 2 states I purchased!

Kat
Level 15
Level 15

@PappaJx3 I agree that TurboTax shouldn't allow a download of a TN state program.  If you used TN as your free state in your Desktop (CD/Download) program, you'll need to contact TurboTax Customer Support for assistance.  If you really needed 2 states, you should pay for only the extra one.

Use the info I'm linking below to contact Support during business hours.  Explain your situation to the Support rep.  Someone will be happy to assist you.

NOTE:  When entering your topic or subject matter, don't use the word "refund".  Instead, use the words "billing issue".

What is the TurboTax phone number? (intuit.com)

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies