Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

gkgobucks

If my Ohio State 2017 taxes included a 2017 Ohio SD 100 School District Income Tax Return, Does that mean it was itemized?

I am being asked by TT for my 2018 filing  if I filed an itemized my 2017 Ohio State return.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

If my Ohio State 2017 taxes included a 2017 Ohio SD 100 School District Income Tax Return, Does that mean it was itemized?

No, if your state return was "itemized," it will generally contain a state form called "Schedule A Itemized Deductions." 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

No, if your state return was "itemized," it will generally contain a state form called "Schedule A Itemized Deductions." 

Hal_Al
Level 15

If you have an SD 100, it means you live in a School district with an income tax. Although administered by the Ohio Dept. of Taxation; an Ohio School District Income Tax (SDIT) return is completely separate from the Ohio State Income tax. It has nothing to do with Schedule A on the state return.

As for the Ohio state return, "itemizing" is a misnomer. Unlike the federal return, there is no standard deduction. So there is no choice between standard and itemizing.  Certain expenses are allowed to be deducted form your income. Only one of them just happens to also be a  federal itemized deduction (medical expenses).

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies