-zab1

If my only income from PA was unemployment benefits, but lived and worked in SC the whole year, do I still have to file a state return for PA?

I lived and worked in SC for all of 2016. I did collect a few unemployment checks from PA at the beginning of the year. If it weren't for the unemployment checks, I would not be filing a PA return. My question is whether the unemployment checks from a state that I didn't live or work in means I still file a return for that state.

AnthonyC

Pennsylvania does not tax unemployment benefits, so you would have no PA taxable income and would not need to file a PA tax return given your circumstances.