cmp0921

If I was a resident of Georgia, but worked out of state all year, am I required to pay Georgia State Tax?

MichaelMc

Generally, your state of legal residence will exercise its right to tax all of your income, wherever sourced.

You will need to file a Georgia resident income tax return, including your income from working out of state. If you worked in a state that also has a state income tax, you will also have to file a nonresident tax return in that state. The good news is that Georgia will allow a credit for taxes paid to another state, reducing the burden of double taxation.

For more information, please refer to https://dor.georgia.gov/sites/dor.georgia.gov/files/related_files/document/TSD/Booklet/2016_IT-511_B....