mandy_wlsc

If I live in WV and work in OH and only WV taxes are showing on my W-2's, do I need to file a return for Ohio?

TomD8

Your W-2's are correct.  Ohio and West Virginia have tax reciprocity with regard to W-2 wages.  If you work in OH and live in WV, and your only OH income is W-2 wages, you would file in WV only.  You would not have to file an OH return.  Your wages are fully taxable by your home state of WV.

In this situation, you answer No in the My Info section of TT to the question about having income in other states.

**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.**

TomD8