khalenrigsby

If I live in Texas but work in Arkansas how do I file?

HelenaC

You will need to complete an Arkansas Non-Resident Income tax return. In TurboTax, in the section that asks if you worked in another state, answer Yes and enter the state. TurboTax will guide you through the questions to complete the Arkansas Income Tax return.

Per Arkansas Department of RevenueNONRESIDENTS OR PART-YEAR RESIDENTS 1.26-51-435(a)&(b) Computing Taxable Income Nonresidents or part-year residents of Arkansas shall compute their taxable income as if all their income was earned in Arkansas, despite the fact that a portion of their income may have been earned in another state or foreign country. Nonresident or part-year residents of Arkansas shall use Arkansas income tax rates to compute their Arkansas tax liability on their taxable income. The computed tax liability is then prorated to Arkansas based on a percentage calculated according to 1.26-51-435(d). Click Arkansas Dept of Finance & Administration Comprehensive Individual Income Tax Regulations page 70. 

Related Informationhttps://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302052  TurboTax FAQ on How to file Non-Resident return