Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

IA 1065 Schedule K-1 pg1 - partner share % not being applied to Partner's Share of Receipts

This seems to be a bug.   Has anyone else noticed this?

On the IA 1065 state return in TurboTax Business, the partner's Schedule K-1 seems to be incorrect for the following 2 fields on page 1:

Partner's Share of Iowa Receipts and Partner's share of Receipts Everywhere.

Both fields are showing the total (100%) value from the 1065 Schedule C line 12 instead of applying the partner's ownership percentage to the total to get just their share.

Thanks,
Michelle

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
AliciaP1
Expert Alumni

IA 1065 Schedule K-1 pg1 - partner share % not being applied to Partner's Share of Receipts

It would be helpful to have a TurboTax ".tax2022" file that is experiencing this issue.

You can send us a “diagnostic” file that has your “numbers” but not your personal information.  If you would like to do this, here are the instructions: 

At the top menu in the black line at the top of the page go to Online. 

1. From the menu, select Send Tax File to Agent. 
  2. You will see a message explaining what the diagnostic copy is.  Click Send and then you will get a Token number. 
  3. Reply to this thread with your Token number. This will allow us to open a copy of your return without seeing any personal information.  

We will then be able to see exactly what you are seeing and we can determine what exactly is going on in your return and provide you with a resolution.

@michston 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks.  Token is 1105253

AliciaP1
Expert Alumni

Upon review, I see the IA Schedule K-1s updated and showing 50% of total income reported on the Federal 1065 and then a much smaller amount for Amounts Attributable to Iowa.  You may need to update your software before proceeding.  To do this in TurboTax Businesss you can click Online in the black menu bar at the top and Check for Updates.

@michston 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I updated before my initial email and just did it again (no new software updates were available), but I still see the same problem.  

The total business gross receipts for 2022 are $37,159 and total Iowa-source gross revenue is $14,728 .  This amount is shown on the IA 1065 Schedule C line 12.  The lion's share of the business income is from rental property so you can see that on Form 8825 on the Federal 1065.   

Each partner has a 50% share.   So the Partner's share of Iowa Receipts showing on page 1 of each of the partner Iowa K-1s should be half of the total, or $7,364.  Same thing for the Receipts Everywhere.  Is that what you see when you view my file?  I still see the 100% amount.   I've attached a screenshot of those lines from  the IA K-1 on my system.   

Any other ideas?Screenshot 2023-03-24 at 2.28.21 PM.png

Alicia -

One other thing related to those 2 fields seems incorrect. 

If the BAR in Schedule C line 13 is 100% (meaning all income is from Iowa sources as is the case with another of my businesses), those 2 fields we've been discussing above are left blank. 

Per my reading of the Iowa Dept of Revenue's instructions, those should be filled in with the partner's share as computed = Partner's Ownership % * info in IA 1065 Schedule C line 12.   In this case, the two numbers would be the same but they should be populated vs. being left blank.

@AliciaP1 - were you able to figure this out?   Doing a software update did not fix the problem for me.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies