I worked in 2 different states last year. One of the states does not have any numbers in boxes 1-15. It says I cannot e-file now. Anything I can do?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I worked in 2 different states last year. One of the states does not have any numbers in boxes 1-15. It says I cannot e-file now. Anything I can do?

1 Reply
Level 15

IF it was for the same employer, you are supposed to include both states on ONE software W-2 form. 

The extra paper one with the boxes 1-6 blank is just a filing copy for that state if you happen to mail that sate's taxes in to that state.

Delete the extra W-2 in the software and edit the main one to Add Another Row down in the state section to put in that second state.    

But...you should have something  15-thru-17 for that extra state...if it was an income-taxing state

*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings