I work in Toledo Ohio but live in Maumee Ohio, both require a income tax. Am I legally required to pay both?

Yes, you must pay both, but I believe Maumee allows a full credit . You usually do not need to file a work city (Toledo) return.

You normally only have to file a return in the city you live in. It is not necessary to file one in the city you work in, if different. Your employer will remit withholding to the city you work in, but you do not file a return unless you're claiming a refund or your employer didn't withhold enough ( both highly unusual). The city you live in will allow a credit or partial credit for the withheld tax you paid to the work location city.  You may end up owing your resident city nothing, but you are still required to file a return. I believe Maumee allows a full credit, so you shouldn't owe antthing

You cannot do a Maumee return in TurboTax. 

City web site:

http://www.maumee.org/city_departments/2018_maumee_income_tax_forms.php

Phone #:  (419) 897-7120.