btraweek1

I work in Texas but have property in Louisiana, should I file as a resident of Texas or Louisiana?

I filed as a resident of LA after May 27, 2018 but when I entered my income I entered everything I earned for whole year.  Should I of substrates the first 5 months from that figure for la state tax

CarolynM

Yes, you should only file a Louisiana Part Year Resident Tax Return.

If you file as a full year resident, you will be taxed on the income you earned while a resident of Texas.

By filing as a part year resident of LA, you will only be taxed on the income you earned after May 27, 2018. 

For more information, follow this link: LA Individual Income Tax Return FAQs

CarolynM