turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Does TurboTax generate Form 8454 to opt out of CA efile when it suggests manually filing a CA state return? I need to explain with 8454 because I've e-filed in the past.

TurboTax told me that it cannot e-file my CA state return because of certain non-1099/non-W2 income. That is fine with me. However, it does not seem to generate Form 8454 to opt out of e-filing. My assumption is that CA requires e-filing if an individual has e-filed in the past and that I need to file Form 8454 to explain why I cannot e-file this time. Is my assumption wrong or does Turbotax just not support 8454?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Does TurboTax generate Form 8454 to opt out of CA efile when it suggests manually filing a CA state return? I need to explain with 8454 because I've e-filed in the past.

I was mistaken in my assumption about mandatory e-filing. It is mandatory to e-pay once you have hit certain guidelines but it is not mandatory to continue to e-file. Form 8454 applies to tax preparers and not to individual filers.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

I was mistaken in my assumption about mandatory e-filing. It is mandatory to e-pay once you have hit certain guidelines but it is not mandatory to continue to e-file. Form 8454 applies to tax preparers and not to individual filers.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies