akb30tax

I was a full year resident of KS, but my husband was a part year resident in KS and MO. How do we mark that is turbotax? It marks us both as part year residents in MO.

gb115407

Make sure you prepare the non-fulltime-resident state return first, THEN the resident state return

TomD8

Be sure you answered the questions in My Info correctly for each of you.  TT uses those answers to determine your correct residency.
Are you sure your husband was a part-year resident?  For example: if his domicile (his main, primary home) was in one of those states all year, and he was in other state only temporarily for school or work, he would be considered a full-time resident of his domiciliary state and a non-resident of the other state.
A part-time resident is someone who literally moved his domicile from one state to another during the tax year.
**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.