Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

unis87

I want to remove form 3840 from my 2020 tax document

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

If you no longer have a like-kind exchange, you will be able to remove Form 3840 as follows:

1. Select Tax Tools in the black panel on the left hand side of your screen
  2. Select Tools
  3. Select Delete a Form
  4. Look for Form 3840 and select Delete

This should remove the state form and the like-kind exchange information linked to it.

If this information is pulling from your federal tax return, please see the following help article to help you remove the input there. Your state form is typically populated from your input on the federal section so checking this area may also be needed to remove Form 3840 if the input is in another area of the program.

Like-kind exchange information entered in the Federal section

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
unis87

Thanks for your answer. However, I could not find the Tax tools. Is it because I am using iPhone? TurboTax App?

Also, I hope you can help me with this inquiry:

I have a family of 4, I am the only one working at home. During the first stimulus check, I received money for myself, my wife and my daughter, but my young son was not included. Furthermore, he was excluded on the second stimulus check too. Can I report that on my 2020 tax? if yes, what form can I use? 

Note: He was born on 10.25.2019 -- He was included in my 2019 tax return. 

Thanks.

DMarkM1
Expert Alumni

Instead of using the TurboTax App on your phone, open a browser on your phone and sign in to TurboTax there.  Then you will find the menu @JotikaT2 mentions.

Yes, Include all dependents that you have on your 2020 return.  The total Recovery Rebate Credit that you are eligible for will be added to  your tax return.  Any dependent age 16 or under that qualifies for the Child Tax Credit on your tax return will also qualify for the child stimulus payments.  

Once you have completed entries for your federal return you will arrive at the "Federal Review" tab.  There you will enter any stimulus payments you already received in rounds one and/or two.  Your credit will be reduced by those amounts.  What will remain will be any payments that you did not receive already.  

Here is a link with more information on the Recovery Rebate Credit. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies