Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

brhutch

MS state itemized deductions

Your MS state tax form does not work.  I continue to get an error saying the spouses income should not be (-).  I believe it arises from the Federal Itemized Deductions that are somehow only attributed to the spouse although I don't see any place to correct the entry.  And I was not able to itemize anyway.  How do I get it to disregard this (-) income or change it to 0?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
brhutch

I think I figured it out.  The problem is there are some nonsense numbers being imported for Federal to MS income tax forms.  These numbers show up under Spouse.  We are filing jointly both in Federal and State so it shouldn't matter.  Tracing it back I found a Joint investment account with a 1099-DIV.  TurboTax asked if the dividends were for me or my spouse or both.  I put both, but by doing that it sought to split up some of this income between the two of us.  If I just put in me then all the numbers end up in the right place. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
brhutch

I think I figured it out.  The problem is there are some nonsense numbers being imported for Federal to MS income tax forms.  These numbers show up under Spouse.  We are filing jointly both in Federal and State so it shouldn't matter.  Tracing it back I found a Joint investment account with a 1099-DIV.  TurboTax asked if the dividends were for me or my spouse or both.  I put both, but by doing that it sought to split up some of this income between the two of us.  If I just put in me then all the numbers end up in the right place. 

casa-pam
Returning Member

I am not getting any forms to complete on my 2017 MS State Taxes.  The system takes me directly to Analyze your Return. Summary show $0 refund and $0 due?
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies