Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I'm doing my 2020 return. In Utility Expenses, it's asking me for 2019 information, and shows 2018 next to that! Why?

This is my home office expense section.  I have a screenshot of what it's doing, if that is helpful.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
AmyC
Expert Alumni

I'm doing my 2020 return. In Utility Expenses, it's asking me for 2019 information, and shows 2018 next to that! Why?

The program uses old information until the federal and state update a form. Then, when the new form is incorporated, things update. They work on forms from most common to least common. See Federal form availability for expected release dates. Once released, we work to incorporate them quickly. Please check State Forms Availability for your method of tax preparation.

Be sure to update your program.  Your numbers may change as the new forms are released. The forms will reflect the updated tax laws.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I should have mentioned that I'm using the online Tax preparation product, not the software.  That is why I was puzzled.  Shouldn't online already be pulling 2020 forms and information by now?  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies