kingshounds

I lived in NC in 2017, but moved to Indiana in January 2018. All my tax paperwork for 2017 is from NC. How does that affect the way I file?

Does this change how I use TurboTax Free? I have used the free edition for many years while living in NC.

DanielV01

No, it doesn't affect your filing.  Since you lived in North Carolina through December 31, 2017, you are filing as a full-year North Carolina resident.  While you will provide the system with your Indiana address (since you now live there), you will not need to file anything in Indiana since you neither lived nor worked there in 2017.

DanielV01