fwtippen

I live in Texas and have virginia income. There is withholding on my VA income. Where do i report that and how do i get a deduction from Fed Taxes for the VA taxes?

LeeM

When you enter that W-2 form or the form that shows the VA tax withholding, TurboTax will automatically add that withholding amount to your itemized deductions (if you are eligible to itemize) and record that amount on your VA tax return.

As far as the VA income and getting any refund owed, you would need to file a non-resident VA tax return. You can find the instructions on how to file that non-resident return below;