davolino

I live in Texarkana, TX. Can I claim Texas and Arkansas sales tax since we made purchases in both states? TX sales tax is 8.25%. AR is 10.25%

Vanessa

Yes, if you have your receipts to prove the total amount of sales taxes you actually paid you can claim the total sales tax paid to both states.  

You will not be able to take the general sales tax deduction if you chose to use the actual receipt method. 

davolino

If I didn't save all of them, is it better to take the general sales tax deduction for the state I live in?
Vanessa

Without knowing exactly what receipts you did save and the amount of your general sales tax deduction I can't say for sure, but probably especially if you didn't make any large purchases or are missing a large number of receipts.
davolino

Thank you!