edrose5155

I live in SC and received gambling winnings from NC. I listed my form W2-G's as required. Why are NC state taxes not being removed?

ColeenD3

Since the state you received winnings in North Carolina does not have a reciprocal agreement with your home state of South Carolina, you'll have to file a resident tax return and a nonresident tax return.

Reciprocity

edrose5155

Thanks for your response, but I didn't have to do that on my previous return(s). Also if it's necessary to file a non-resident AND a resident form...why didn't Turbo Tax tell me to do that?

edrose5155

And BTW...I DID file a SC resident return, but not an NC resident return.

ColeenD3

The program will respond to the information you enter. You need to state that you did make money in another state. In addition, each state has it's own filing requirement. Please see the link below.

NCDOR

edrose5155

When I filed my W-2G's it asks for the address of the property/casino that you won money at, so I DID give them the address.

edrose5155

What line on my Federal return shows my gross income?

@edrose5155 wrote:

On a 2019 Form 1040 Line 7b

edrose5155

I found an error of omission on my part. You have been very helpful and I thank you very much.

Eddie