scipollone

I live in nj but work in philadelphia PA . IT SAYS I NEED TO FILE TWO STATE RETURNS WHICH I HAVE NEVER DONE IN 35 YEARS OF WORKING THERE. I JUST FILE FOR CREDIT FOR PAYIX

re2boys

Go back into the Personal Info section, find the page that asks if you earned income in another state, READ the directions.  PA and NJ are reciprocal states.  So you should answer NO per the directions on that page.

You would only need to file a PA non-resident return if PA state income taxes were mistakenly withheld from your wages.  Do not confuse this tax with the Philadelphia Wage tax that you are required to pay but can but used on your NJ return as "taxes paid to another state".

re2boys