turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I live in NJ and work in NJ. Should I check or uncheck the "remove these wages" box?

Turbo Tax thinks my husband works in a different state.  We both live and work in NJ. Should I check or uncheck the "Remove these wages" box?  This is only for my husband's W2, mine is set up the same, but Turbo Tax doesn't think I work out of state.  If I check the remove these wages box, we get a nice refund, if I keep it unchecked, we owe the state a good chunk of money. We have never owed to the state before.  Thanks in advance for any help!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

I live in NJ and work in NJ. Should I check or uncheck the "remove these wages" box?

First, check his W-2 data entry and make sure you did not accidentally key in some other state (such as NH) instead of NJ on Box 15.

We both checked it to make sure it was correct and it does say NJ in Box 15.  Thanks!

As far as owing the state. remember that NJ has graduated tax rates.

Delete Hubby's W-2 and then re-enter it, Then restart NJ.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies