I live in NJ and work in NJ. Should I check or uncheck the "remove these wages" box?

murphymoo21

Turbo Tax thinks my husband works in a different state.  We both live and work in NJ. Should I check or uncheck the "Remove these wages" box?  This is only for my husband's W2, mine is set up the same, but Turbo Tax doesn't think I work out of state.  If I check the remove these wages box, we get a nice refund, if I keep it unchecked, we owe the state a good chunk of money. We have never owed to the state before.  Thanks in advance for any help!

First, check his W-2 data entry and make sure you did not accidentally key in some other state (such as NH) instead of NJ on Box 15.
murphymoo21

We both checked it to make sure it was correct and it does say NJ in Box 15.  Thanks!

As far as owing the state. remember that NJ has graduated tax rates.

Delete Hubby's W-2 and then re-enter it, Then restart NJ.