I live in NJ and work in NJ. Should I check or uncheck the "remove these wages" box?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
murphymoo21

I live in NJ and work in NJ. Should I check or uncheck the "remove these wages" box?

Turbo Tax thinks my husband works in a different state.  We both live and work in NJ. Should I check or uncheck the "Remove these wages" box?  This is only for my husband's W2, mine is set up the same, but Turbo Tax doesn't think I work out of state.  If I check the remove these wages box, we get a nice refund, if I keep it unchecked, we owe the state a good chunk of money. We have never owed to the state before.  Thanks in advance for any help!

4 Replies
SweetieJean
Level 15

First, check his W-2 data entry and make sure you did not accidentally key in some other state (such as NH) instead of NJ on Box 15.
murphymoo21

We both checked it to make sure it was correct and it does say NJ in Box 15.  Thanks!
SweetieJean
Level 15

As far as owing the state. remember that NJ has graduated tax rates.
SweetieJean
Level 15

Delete Hubby's W-2 and then re-enter it, Then restart NJ.

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings