Solved: I live in Maine and work in Maine Do I still need to file Mass taxes eventhough I never lived or worked in Mass but company is based out of Mass and took mass taxes ou?

mcgper1

I live in Maine and work in Maine Do I still need to file Mass taxes eventhough I never lived or worked in Mass but company is based out of Mass and took mass taxes ou?

The company work I do is based out of Maine also but Mass taxes were taken out.  Do I still need to pay taxes in Mass or just Maine?

MichaelMc

It certainly sounds like you do not have a state income tax liability to Massachusetts, if you neither live nor work there. 

I would certainly advise that you file a Massachusetts nonresident tax return to claim a refund of the MA income taxes that your employer withheld.

MichaelMc