I live in KY but I had gambling winnings from Indiana. I have entered it into turbo tax. Do I have to file Indiana state taxes for this winning or just ky where I live

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bustercassieabby

I live in KY but I had gambling winnings from Indiana. I have entered it into turbo tax. Do I have to file Indiana state taxes for this winning or just ky where I live

do I have to file in state taxes being the gambling money was won in In but I live in ky

1 Reply
KatrinaB
Intuit Alumni

Generally, if you were a resident of another state (or country) at any time during the year and had income from Indiana (except certain interest, dividends or pension income), you must file a tax return with Indiana. Even thought Kentucky is a reciprocal state you are still required to file an Indiana return to report gambling income. Please view the instructions below to complete your nonresident state return.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302052

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings