simplysweet2366

I live in GA, but work in TN. Do I have to file a return in Tennessee?

TomD8

No.  Tennessee does not have an income tax on earned income (salary or wages).  In the Personal Info section, answer No to the question about earning income in another state.  All your income is taxable by your home state of GA.

**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.

TomD8

Dwalker0007

Shouldn't that say "Answer Yes to the question about earning income in another state"?

TomD8

TurboTax will accept TN as an answer under "Other State Income", but there is no TN personal income tax.