sarb756741

I have noticed that everyone's program is taking the exemption off the misc. income instead of unemployment which is causing a false return for NY residence

SusanY1

The NY return will be correct.  TurboTax is programmed to add the amount of unemployment income deducted on the federal return back in to the New York state return as an adjustment.  

Mike9241

at the present time NY is taxing UC. there is no exemption like for the federal. 

sarb756741

I will use your software then. Because the others are not taking off unemployment benefits,  they are taking from miscellaneous income. Which is lowering New York taxable income.  

sarb756741

This I know, I only caught the software error because I know what I owe NY and that's when I found it coming off the wrong income which made it affect my NY and has me owing less. Thank goodness I did taxes for 15 years and know what to look for.  Just didn't want to waste time putting everything in if it was going to be the same as the other 2 sites. Thanks