digur

I have a K-1 541 from Califorinia and I live in Arizona. How do I enter this form my AZ state taxes? Would I have to file California state taxes also?

JulieCo

First, yes, if you have income from a Trust earned in CA (since you received a K-1 541 from CA), then you will need to file a non-resident CA return and report the beneficiary income and use the adjustment amounts reported to you on the K-1 541 form.

Second, for your AZ return, if you entered the K-1 (Federal 1041) form on your federal return for the trust/estate that sent you the CA K-1541 form, then the K-1 income will flow through to your AZ return.  

But, you will want to file the CA non-resident return first, so that you can get credit for paying taxes on the income in CA on your AZ return.

Here is more information on filing a non-resident return in TurboTax:

JulieCo