Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

johnnyf05

I got a call from a supposed debt collector saying I didnt file 2016 taxes for the state of Illinois. I have found the documents on here. Are there scams like this?

Saying I owe way more than I should.  Never got anything from the State about a debt.  Clearly shows in the filing the state that is saying I paid.  Anyway to talk to TurboTax person about this?
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I got a call from a supposed debt collector saying I didnt file 2016 taxes for the state of Illinois. I have found the documents on here. Are there scams like this?

Contact your state and see if it's legit.  Maybe you filed but didn't pay the tax due?  Some states do use a debt collector.  

In illinois that doesn't happen unless you ignore multiple notices to pay past-due taxes. did you move? Turbotax gets no updates so call IDR

" Clearly shows in the filing the state that is saying I paid."

Where do you see that you paid?  TurboTax never knows how, when or even if you paid your tax due.  Your own bank or credit card records are your only proof that you paid.  Find your bank statement or credit card statement to show to the state.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies