you did not receive Form 1099-HC for your Massachusetts return, check the box
to indicate you didn't receive a 1099-HC, and enter the name of your insurance
company (or administrator) and your subscriber number. This information should
be on your insurance card. If
you do not have this information, contact your insurer or your Human
Resources Department, if your insurance is through your employer.
- Steps to complete the Massachusetts State portion of your return if you have no 1099-HC form:
- Sign into TurboTax
- Click on the State Taxes tab, you will then be guided through the State interview process,
- On the screen, Let's Go Over Your Health Insurance Information, click Continue
- When you come to the interview question When did you have minimum creditable coverage (MCC)? you will select the appropriate option which applies to your Health Insurance coverage
- When you come to the interview question What type of health insurance did you have in 2016? you will be prompted to select either option I had private insurance (including ConnectorCare) or I had something else.
- Check the box, I didn't receive a 1099-HC from this insurance company.