Solved: I filed Federal and California multi-member LLC re...

I filed Federal and California multi-member LLC returns. Do I sign and e-file 8453-LLC form within 1 day of acceptance?

I filed the Federal and California state return for my multi-member LLC with TurboTax Business (desktop version). It had prompted me to print, sign and scan the 8453-PE form, which I did and attached with the federal return. The program did not prompt me to sign or attach the 8453-LLC form for my California state return so I did not sign it; instead, the filing instructions at the end of the filed PDF stated: "Sign and date Form FTB 8453-LLC within 1 day of acceptance." It also says at the top of the 8453-llc form "Do not mail this form to FTB".

I have already submitted the Federal and California LLC returns (with 8453-PE signed and attached. 8453-LLC NOT signed). What does the instruction statement mean in regards to "sign and date form FTB 8453-LLC?"...should I sign and keep for my records? Or do I sign and e-file this...if so, how? 

Thank you!

The 8453-LLC does NOT have to be submitted to the CA FTB. 

According to the instructions for the 8453-LLC:

• Before the return is filed, the appropriate officers have to sign the  FTB 8453-LLC and return it to the LLC’s ERO (electronic return originator).
  • After the LLC’s return is e-fled, the LLC must retain the following documents for the California statute of limitations period:

--Form FTB 8453-LLC (signed original or copy of the form).

--A paper copy of Form 568, and all supporting schedules.

--A paper copy of the LLC’s federal tax return.

Yes, if you are using the TurboTax Business, the 8453 is efiled, you must keep a copy of the acknowledgement with your tax records but you do not have to send it in.

What do I do if I already filed and send a non-signed 8453-LLC? The statement on the Intuit TUrboTax Electronic Filing Instructions say to "Sign and date within 1 day of acceptance." Does this mean that once I receive the email that the California return has been accepted, I can e-file? How do I e-file or where do I attached/upload to?

Also, since I already filed it with Federal and state with 8453-LLC NOT signed, do I need to amend and sign/attached? 

:: UPDATE ::

My e-file status for California was "Accepted" minutes after filing without a signed 8453-LLC. The TurboTax Business program now instructs me to print the 8453-LLC, sign and date it. But no other instructions. How do I submit it since I filed my CA return without a signed 8453-LLC? The e-filing instructions say that I have to "sign and date form FTB 8453-LLC within 1 day of acceptance." 

I have been reading that the CA return isn't complete without a signed 8453-LLC. Why wouldn't the TurboTax program prompt me to print, sign, scan, attach the 8453-LLC as it instructed me to do so for the 8453-PE, if it's necessary?

Please advise. Thank you!