I don't have a business, but Turbo tax CA state keeps asking for me to complete form 3514. the expert help is not helpful. She could not find answer.

CA Form 3514 is for CA Earned Income Credit.  This Turbo Tax might help explain why you're receiving it:

To qualify for the California EITC, you must meet all of the following requirements:

- Have wages subject to California withholding or have net earnings from self-employment
- Have a valid Social Security Number
- Have lived in California for more than half of the year
- Not have investment income exceeding $3,699
- Not be filing a Form 2555 or 2555-EZ
- Not be filing separately if married

Also, both your earned income and adjusted gross income (AGI) must be less than:

- $16,751 if you're not claiming a qualifying child
- $24,951 if you're claiming 1 or more qualifying children

I have the same problem.  I don't qualify for the California EITC.

I have the same problem. I don't qualify for CA EITC, but TT is making me complete a "business" in Form 3514. But I don't have one!!! And I can't delete the Form 3514, and worse yet, I can't get past that page to file.

I am having this same problem. I have completed all my entires and when I run the Review function for CA 540 I am asked to fill in business information on CA Form 3514. The only income listed is my wage income from my W-2, which far exceeds the maximum to be eligible for EITC. I have never applied for or received EITC. CA Form 3514 is not even among the forms included in my CA 540 return because I am NOT eligible to even apply for EITC. I cannot proceed beyond this point to file my returns. What am I to do now? Some response from TurboTax would be helpful.

Try deleting the Ca return and then add it back again.  See if that 3514 form still appears as a form in your California return. To see your list of forms, go to tax tools>tools>delete a form.  Check to see if the 3514 is there.

I have not taken that step yet, but Form 3514 is not listed in my list of forms in my CA 540 return as it is.

How do I go about deleting the CA 540 return from TurboTax Premier, as you suggest?

You can go to file menu at the top of the page and select Remove State Return.  Select 2019 California individual Tax Return and select the remove button.

I did not see "Remove State Return", but I did find Remove CA Data, which I did. Then went through dealing with CA required responses and all is well. Returns are now completed and e-filed. Thank you for your assistance.