Solved: I didn't work in OH in 2018, I was a student during Jan 2018 & resided in OH for 1 month. And then I moved to CA where I started working. Do I need to file taxes for OH?

I didn't work in OH in 2018, I was a student during Jan 2018 & resided in OH for 1 month. And then I moved to CA where I started working. Do I need to file taxes for OH?

No, you don't need to file an Ohio tax return just because you were a student in the state.

You have no income and no intention of becoming a resident.

You only need to file federal and California tax returns.

For more information on your California return, follow this link: CA Non-Residents and Part Year Residents

But I paid turbo tax and additional $50 for my Ohio State tax filing. Is it possible to get a refund on that?

You will need to call customer service at (800) 446-8848