Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I and my wife lived in Ohio as a partyear resident, in two different counties, then we moved to Texas. It only asks which county I lived in Ohio, does not ask for my wife

(married filing jointly). I thought the system would ask which county my wife lived in, but it did not ask. Now seems like, I am filing as if we lived in same county (for state return). Is this something I need to be worried? I was thinking state return would not change between the counties, so it does not matter. maybe the question is something to the with local taxes, which we are doing in a different system (not through turbotax)
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ErnieS0
Expert Alumni

I and my wife lived in Ohio as a partyear resident, in two different counties, then we moved to Texas. It only asks which county I lived in Ohio, does not ask for my wife

No you should not be worried. The Ohio income tax form (IT-1040) only includes a single county box.

What is important is that you and your wife file all required Ohio local and/or school district tax forms for your counties of resident.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ErnieS0
Expert Alumni

No you should not be worried. The Ohio income tax form (IT-1040) only includes a single county box.

What is important is that you and your wife file all required Ohio local and/or school district tax forms for your counties of resident.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Hal_Al
Level 15

That particular question has nothing to do with City and School district taxes. That comes later.  Just entering one county is fine.

thank you for the help!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies