turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I am trying to complete my state tax return, but every time it says I have errors to correct on Schedule CA: Part II. My math is right, but it will not let me continue.

Besides being overcharged last year and forced to buy Audit Defense, I'm a Very Unhappy Customer!

I received an email this morning telling me that the updated TurboTax forms are ready to be downloaded.  My software is updated in accordance with this update on 2/1/2020

My error says, "Check This Entry"

"Schedule CA: LN 5-Fed SS benefits amt must be entered"

It does NOT allow me to edit the amount. 

We NEED to be compensated. 

rsweik001

I am trying to complete my state tax return, but every time it says I have errors to correct on Schedule CA: Part II. My math is right, but it will not let me continue.

I am having the same issue with my Michigan return

I am having another issue now when I go to file my State tax return. The error I am getting is that for Form 2106 Section 179, it says it needs to be blank and then it gives me the options of No Entry, Yes, or No. I keep putting No Entry and it isn't working. That is the last thing I need to fix before I can efile my state return. Please help!

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

I recommend you start by going back to that section, left menu>Federal>Deductions & Credits>Employment Expenses>Job-Related and Edit/Add to make changes on the form. 

If you are still having issues, go to the left menu to Tax Tools>Tools>Delete a Form>Scroll to the Form 2106 and delete it. 

If there are still details you did want to report, I suggest re-entering them after the deletion. But before you do, I recommend:

• Clearing your cache and cookies (the link describes the specific steps for different browsers)
    • Sign out of TurboTax
    • In general, hold down Ctrl+Shift+Del. Under the Basic tab, clear data for at least 24 hours, but preferably 7 days
    • Close your browser window
    • Re-open TurboTax, preferably in Chrome

This question was tagged as Michigan. Michigan does not allow any additional deduction for this expense since it was eliminated with the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act unless you were: 

"employed as an Armed Forces reservist, a qualified performing artist, a fee-basis state or local government official, or an individual with a disability claiming impairment-related work expenses? See the line 10 instructions for definitions."

See the instructions for Form 2106 for more details.

For specifics, if you do meet the criteria, click the following link~

Where do I enter job-related employee expenses? (Form 2106)

@pfernandez117

Tamika18

I can't finish my state taxes

The TurboTax Deluxe CD loads the Federal Tax program. However the install program will not download and fill in (from Federal Return) the Oregon State Tax Return files. 

IT APPEARS to be in a PROGRAM LOOP

"Let's DownLoad and Install Your States"  Enter OK

"TurboTax needs to save your tax return before checking for updates"  Enter OK

"Your software is up to date."  Enter OK

"Tab at top " (Oregon See Amount") Click on Tab

RETURNS BACK TO SCREEN and CONTINUES to LOOP

"Let's DownLoad and Install Your States"  Enter OK 

AND CONTINUES TO LOOP.

Never does downloads and allows access to State of Oregon Return Files.

BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

We apologize for any inconvenience this experience has caused and we are working diligently to help the returns get filed. Please see this FAQ link here that you can click on to receive an update once this has been corrected. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
zmjsf210

I have the same issue as well.

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

Would you please clarify what specific error you are getting so we can fully assist you?

@zmjsf210

AnaS1

Has the Schedule CA form issue being fixed?

AnaS1

Correction: Has the Schedule CA form issue been fixed?

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

@AnaS1 You are commenting on a very old thread. What is the issue you are having with the form?

when completing mi tax will not finish says to review or delete. I find no errors and repeated several  times it appears to be in homestead as it says review tax credit for homestead

MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

What state are you in?  Please clarify, and we'll try to help. 

Some states offer a Homestead Tax Credit when filing your State tax return. 

First, complete your federal tax return, then complete your state tax return.  If your state offers this credit, then TurboTax will ask questions to determine if you qualify.

Click this link for more info on Homestead Tax Credit

jcb41

Trying to fill out "Capital Asset Sales Worksheet".  Put in erroneous figure.  Turbotax now will not let me correct the erroneous figure

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies