I am receiving a "state of maryland personal incom...

I am receiving a "state of maryland personal income tax computation notice" claiming I owe the state a lot of money. I lived in California most of that year

I am receiving a "state of maryland personal income tax computation notice" claiming I owe the state a lot of money. I lived in California most of that year and pay income tax in California so I don't understand why is Maryland trying to charge me again when I only lived there for 4 months.

What tax year?

Did you file a part year resident tax return for both Maryland and California for that year? 

If so, you should have only entered on the Maryland state tax return the income received while a Maryland resident and only entered on the California state tax return the income received while a California resident.

Thank you very much for the prompt answer. This was for 2019.

I did file for part resident. In fact in the sheet they sent, it appears as "total Maryland income of: 100". Whether I actually did 15 in Maryland and the other 85 was in california (I paid taxes in california already).

Is there anything I could do to fix this? Should I call, file again? 

I appreciate the help