Solved: I am a resident of Ohio and earn 100% of my income in Kentucky. My witholdings go to Ohio. Is it necessary to file a Kentucky state return?
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I am a resident of Ohio and earn 100% of my income in Kentucky. My witholdings go to Ohio. Is it necessary to file a Kentucky state return?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 9

I am a resident of Ohio and earn 100% of my income in Kentucky. My witholdings go to Ohio. Is it necessary to file a Kentucky state return?

Ohio and Kentucky have Tax Reciprocity so no taxes should be withheld for Kentucky, you only pay taxes to your resident state.  If taxes were in error withheld, you will have to file for the refund with kentucky and file a 42A809 with your employer so they no longer withhold taxes for kentucky.

I am not a TT employee.
Was this helpful?

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 9

Ohio and Kentucky have Tax Reciprocity so no taxes should be withheld for Kentucky, you only pay taxes to your resident state.  If taxes were in error withheld, you will have to file for the refund with kentucky and file a 42A809 with your employer so they no longer withhold taxes for kentucky.

I am not a TT employee.
Was this helpful?

View solution in original post

v
Privacy Settings