Solved: I am a resident of Ohio and earn 100% of my income in Kentucky. My witholdings go to Ohio. Is it necessary to file a Kentucky state return?

I am a resident of Ohio and earn 100% of my income in Kentucky. My witholdings go to Ohio. Is it necessary to file a Kentucky state return?

Ohio and Kentucky have Tax Reciprocity so no taxes should be withheld for Kentucky, you only pay taxes to your resident state.  If taxes were in error withheld, you will have to file for the refund with kentucky and file a 42A809 with your employer so they no longer withhold taxes for kentucky.

I am not a TT employee.
Was this helpful?

I am not a TT employee.
Was this helpful?