Solved: I am a florida resident,but working in g.a. for 8 years.never applied for the state tax.

mmancuso48

I am a florida resident,but working in g.a. for 8 years.never applied for the state tax.

can i get the state money back??

TomD8

If you work in Georgia, then you owe Georgia income tax on your earnings.  Like all other states, Georgia taxes non-residents on income earned from working inside its borders.

You need to file a Non-resident Georgia tax return.

In the Personal Info section of TurboTax, go to the Other State Income section and enter Georgia as the other state.

You might get back some of your withheld GA taxes.  That will depend on how much tax you owe and how much was withheld.

**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.**

TomD8