s8maloney

I am a college student who lived in another state for a few months but never gained residency in the new state.

While filing my taxes, do I need to include the other state I lived in for a few months even though I never gained residency? I tried adding the state but I was prompted to add a date I became a resident of the state I'm filing in, but my residency never changed as I was there for less than a year. I also never worked in the other state. What do I put?
ToddL

When you complete the Personal Interview:

1. Select "Your Home State" as your state of residence on December 31, 2016;
  2. Answer "No" when asked if you "Lived in another state in 2016?" That question only applies if you changed your state of residence in 2016.
  3. Answer "No" when asked if you "Earned money in another state?", unless you had income from a state other than "Your Home State"