turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

bonehead2

Husband died in 2018. Turbo tax is not allowing me to fine a joint return for PA. PA-40 does not indicate that is true. PA-40 page 5, 17 & 18.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Husband died in 2018. Turbo tax is not allowing me to fine a joint return for PA. PA-40 does not indicate that is true. PA-40 page 5, 17 & 18.

I'm sorry for your loss.

To change your personal info, go to My Info on the left-hand side of your screen.

Make sure that your name is first, since you're now filing the return.  You are still entitled to file as Married Filing Jointly.  On the screen that says Let's confirm your marital status, check Yes to Do you want to file this return together with your spouse?  Continue on, through your dependents, till you get to the main screen again.

Click Edit by his name on the main screen.  

Ensure that the screen looks like the one in the screenshot (attached below).

This way your info will carry over to PA.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

I'm sorry for your loss.

To change your personal info, go to My Info on the left-hand side of your screen.

Make sure that your name is first, since you're now filing the return.  You are still entitled to file as Married Filing Jointly.  On the screen that says Let's confirm your marital status, check Yes to Do you want to file this return together with your spouse?  Continue on, through your dependents, till you get to the main screen again.

Click Edit by his name on the main screen.  

Ensure that the screen looks like the one in the screenshot (attached below).

This way your info will carry over to PA.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies