For my daughter's NY state tax return I am getting an error message on the Other income statement that "Line 9b should not be entered directly on the Other Income Statement for State Electronic Filing. You should enter the information on the Federal return." The information was taken from Box 12 (W) and entered into Form 8889. On the other income statement, the amount is showing up in line 9b which references Health Savings Accounts Form 8889. Not sure how this can be an error since the correct information is coming from Form 8889. Is this an error in the TurboTax program?
1. make a copy of your W-2(s) (if you don't have the paper copies)
2. delete your W-2(s) (use the garbage can icon next to the W-2(s) on the Income screen
3. go to View (at the top), choose Forms, and select the desired form. Note the Delete Form button at the bottom of the screen.
*** Online ***
3. go to Tax Tools (on the left), and navigate to Tools->Delete a form
4. delete form(s) 1099-SA (if one), 8889-T, and 8889-S (if one)
5. go back and re-add your W-2(s), preferably adding them manually
6. go back and redo the entire HSA interview (be sure to go all the way to the end).