Abby_gails49

How do I pay in to the state of Georgia?

I filed my taxes this year and I owe the state of georgia some money. I have no clue how to do that, aside from mailing in a money order but to where? Does it need to be separate money orders or do I combine the two?
JoannaB2

You can mail your payment to the State of Georgia Department of Revenue. You may need to  download, print the voucher 525-TV, attach it to the money order and mail it to Georgia Department of Revenue, PO Box 740323, Atlanta, Georgia 30374-0323. If you filed electronically mail only the payment

SteamTrain

@Abby_gails49  

" Does it need to be separate money orders or do I combine the two? "

What are you referring to here ???   

You only have one GA tax return, right ? 

So it's only one money order. 

Why would there be two ?

*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
Abby_gails49

@SteamTrain I suppose it would be one but its listed as two. 

One says federal tax return and the other says georgia tax return. 

Forgive me if I sound stupid but I just want to make sure I understand what I'm doing. 

SteamTrain

If you owe the Feds/IRS too ?

......that is a completely different tax organization than GA state. 

There should be an entirely separate voucher and address for paying the Feds/IRS . 

Print out out your tax forms...the payment voucher should have the address as a part of the printout.

The Federal payment form is called a 1040V.

Abby_gails49

@SteamTrain 

Ok thank goodness I asked then. 

Thank you, I'll see about printing my stuff out to see if it's there. 

SteamTrain

You have already e-filed your tax returns haven't you?    

You don't pay any taxes due until after your tax returns have been e-filed and accepted by both the IRS and the state of GA.

_________________________

Mail-filing the main set of tax return forms is not recommended.  ( Even f the payments, themselves,  are going to be mailed in )

Abby_gails49

@SteamTrain 

Yes i filed online and received the emails saying it was all accepted. I dont know if it matter but I filed a w2 from south Carolina (also accepted), too, however it says I'm getting a refund from Carolina I just owe the federal one and the georgia one.

Thank you again for helping, getting this stuff wrong scares the heck out of me.