turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

FlyingDolphin22
Returning Member

How do I Get Form 568 after I completed my State Taxes in TT Self Employed

How do I get TurboTax self employed to add and automatically populate ‘Form 568’ to my California State Return? It wasn’t available because I filed early.

Also, I haven’t filed or mailed my State taxes yet (I'm not allowed to efile) how do I get TurboTax to get me that form without charging me again? Can changes be made after the state info was finalized?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
FlyingDolphin22
Returning Member

I'll answer my own question. It seems TT Self Employed does not allow this option. I tried every which way to get form 568 populated with my info, short of starting over and paying the TT fee again.

It would be nice if TTSE in the future allows access to get forms that aren't available from the state if you file early. And have some sort of option where we can get notified when the unavailable forms we need are available from the state and can be already prepared in our accounts for the fee we paid.

Otherwise if you can wait for all the forms to be available you need (When the State releases them), then file, so it can be done all at once...Thanks

DawnC
Expert Alumni

Some forms, schedules, or PDF documents cannot be e-filed to the IRS and some can't be e-filed to state taxing agencies.   Concerning Form 568 (LLC Return of Income), there are times when TurboTax can e-file the form and in some cases, it cannot be e-filed.

Since California requires this form to be e-filed, if your form indicates that TurboTax cannot e-file it, you will need to get a waiver from the state of California in order to file the form by mail.   You can do that from this link.  

To determine whether or not your Form 568 can be e-filed or not, look at the bottom of page 2 and look to see if there is a check-mark in the box next to the last item.   For more details, please see this discussion.    Any of the reasons listed below will prevent Form 568 from being e-filed.     @jason-lin22

• Amended return
  • Gain or loss on Schedule D-1 (Schedule 3 Line 8-9)
  • LLC is apportioning on Schedule R (Line M1)
  • Depreciation/amortization on 3BBSL (Schedule B Line 17a)
  • Nonconsenting members liability (Line 4)
  • Withhold ng on 592/593 (Line 9)
  • Farm profit or loss (Schedule 3 Line 6/7)

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
FlyingDolphin22
Returning Member

Thanks for the detailed info.

My issue is not about e-filing, I just want the form after it becomes available from the state, and for it to be prepared for the fee paid. I'm forced to go it alone this time and try, and figure how to fill it out.

It is the same for me every year that my 'form568' cannot be e-filed. But TTSE usually always includes and populates form 568 with all of my past returns I have done with TTSE. And they usually provide a detailed cover sheet with instructions on how to mail it.

But this year I filed early when the form wasn't available yet, and TTSE did not give an option to get this form at a later date, nor was included with return like it normally was. I probably filed too early for them to get the info in the system.

It would be nice in the Future if TTSE allows us the get the form(s) after we have already paid if we file early...Thanks

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies